1. Set thermostats at 78 degrees.
2. Turn off ceiling fans when no one is in the room.
3. Invest in a power strip for TV's/computers and turn it off when sleeping or away from home.
4. Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
5. Wash clothes in cold water.
6. Air dry clothes.
7. Always use the lids to pots and pans when cooking. The lid traps the heat and reduces energy needs.
8. Replace air conditioning filters monthly.
9. Pack your freezer tightly. It will reduce the amount of energy needed to keep it cold.
10. Replace your showerhead.
It's one of the most expensive line items for all companies, but it's also the most overlooked. Here at UTILITY ADVISORS. We will help ensure that you are paying the lowest possible rates. Don't worry, we've got you.